- “The Lord is a shoving leopard.” (a loving shepherd)
- “A blushing crow.” (crushing blow)
- “A well-boiled icicle” (well-oiled bicycle)
- “You were fighting a liar in the quadrangle.” (lighting a fire)
- “Is the bean dizzy?” (Dean busy)
- “Someone is occupewing my pie. Please sew me to another sheet.” (occupying my pew…show me to another seat)
Although these are often treated as synonyms, there is a difference. You are envious of what others have that you lack. Jealousy, on the other hand, involves wanting to hold on to what you do have. You can be jealous of your boyfriend’s attraction to other women, but you’re envious of your boyfriend’s CD collection.